- WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- FIRST PARTY COOKIES
First-party cookies are cookies set by the specific website You visit i.e. the website displayed in the URL window.
- THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Third party cookies are set by third party services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by e.g. Twitter, Facebook and other advertisers or file sharing platforms. They may use the information they obtain from Your use of their cookies to track Your browser across multiple websites; to build a profile of your web surfing; or, to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to You.
- COOKIE CATEGORIES
The type of cookies used on websites can be put into 1 of 4 categories, based on the International Chamber of Commerce guide to cookie categories.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential, as they enable You to move around a website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, the Services You have asked for (such as access to secure areas) cannot be provided. These cookies don't gather information about You that could be used for marketing or remembering where You have been on the internet. These cannot be restricted or blocked.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how You use a website, for example which pages You go to most often and if You get any error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies You. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how a website works. These cookies are not used to target You with online advertising. Without these cookies we cannot learn how our Site is performing and make relevant improvements that could better Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
C. Functionality & Profile Cookies: These cookies allow a website to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in) and tailor the website to provide enhanced features and content for You. For instance, they remember Your login details and allow You to watch videos. They also ensure the onsite marketing and experience is relevant to You. These cookies can also be used to remember changes You have made to text size, font and other parts of pages that You can customise. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track Your browsing activity on other websites. Without these cookies, a website cannot remember choices You have previously made or personalise Your browsing experience. These can be restricted or blocked.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies gather information about Your browsing habits. They remember that You have visited a website and share this information with other organisations such as advertisers. They do this in order to provide You with adverts that are more relevant to You and Your interests. Although these cookies can track Your visits to other websites, they do not usually know who You are. Without these cookies, online advertisements You encounter will be less relevant to You and Your interests. These can be restricted or blocked.
Cookies on our Site are used for many purposes including but not limited to:
(a) enabling a GPS User to be verified via the Site;
(b) enabling a GPS User to register on the Site for GPS Membership to become a GPS Member by way of a GPS Login and to have such details remembered for later;
(c) enabling a GPS Investor to register on the Site for a GPS Account and to manage funds in and out of the same;
(d) recognising Your computer when You visit our Site;
(e) improving the Site and the GPS Platform’s usability;
(f) analysing the use of our Site and the GPS Platform;
(g) administrating the Site and the GPS Platform;
(h) preventing fraud and improving the security of the Site and the GPS Platform;
(i) personalising our Site for You;
- WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT COOKIES?
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the Directgov article: Internet Browser cookies - what they are and how to manage them
- WANT TO RESTRICT OR BLOCK ANY COOKIES?
By using our Site, You agree that We can place cookies on Your device, however, if You would like to restrict or block cookies used on our Site (or on any website), You will need to change the browser settings in each browser You use and on each device You use to access the internet. Click here to see full instructions for all browsers
Please be aware that some of our Services will not function if Your browser does not accept the cookies.
More information about cookies can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Internet Advertising Bureau: Guide to online advertising and privacy
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom: ICC UK cookie guide